Tuesday, November 08, 2005

why did I start this?


greetings to all.

This is my first ever blog. I am a bit nervous, so be nice to me! I have been reading so many other blogs the last few months that I thought I should start my own! Its a no brainer really.
My main focus at the moment is my weight watchers obsession. I didnt want to call it a journey - it sounds so cliched, but I guess that's what it is. To be honest its my repeat journey. I did it in 2000-2001 and lost 25kg and since meeting my now husband I put most of it back on - actually I put all of it back on!
I decided a few months ago that I didnt like being the size I was and I wondered if my hubby would have even noticed me if he met me today. It doesnt seem like a fair comment to make, but I just wondered it all the same...
So I started back at WW in August and have lost around 8kg to date. Its a start, but I have at least 15kg to go. I know I can do it, I just have to see if I can keep it off forever this time!!

Nothing else happening this week. I think I am going to Kelly Clarkson on Sunday night (for work) and the hubby is going for a blokey poker night on Saturday so I might have a girls night in - chick flicks and early night for me I think...

By the way, Monday is my weigh in day, so I will probably post again today.. stay tuned for some good news - fingers crossed xxx

1 comment:

Mary said...

Answer: coz you get to meet some great people, get some great tips from other people's experiences and join an awesome support network!

So you coming to the dinner? :-)

I like to call the WW thing a journey too coz it doesn't end. Cliched but everything's cliched these days hey LOL.

Well done for getting back on track babe and for losing 8kgs already. It's not an easy feat to do this in the beginning but it's pretty damn awesome when you start seeing and feeling the benefits.

Keep it up and I look forward to seeing how you go!!