Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Uh Oh...

Well, well well. I missed my Monday weigh in this week. An old friend was in town and it was the only day she could catch up, so I went to WW today. I had had a pretty lax week - not terrible, just not as careful as I should be. I think I went over my points twice (slightly) and I didnt do too much excercise, so I was expecting a gain. So, imagine my dismay when I put on 0.9kg! I was a bit bummed with myself, but the icing on the cake was when I said 'Gee thats not good' and the weigher said coldly 'no its not'. Some words of encouragement would have sent me away quite positive, but that just made me want to chuck in the towel!

There are lots of reasons why I wasnt so good last week, but they all sound like excuses. The hubby got a new job and we got some other really good news, so we went out to celebrate with a lovely dinner during the week. I havent been feeling 100% so I have been tired and not able to excercise. My friends make really yummy party food and I over indulged very slightly on Saturday night. But seriously, I have had much naughtier weeks and lost and I am really bummed that it got so bad...

It has been so great reading your posts this week. The lovely Phillipa contines to bring smiles to my face. She is so positive and happy. It really makes my day!

I am going to try super hard to be good this week and try and get some excercise in, but I think I may stop actually going to WW for a while. I resent having to pay money to people to have them tell me I have put on weight. I apologise in advance for my mood, but I am really dissapointed in myself today.

I will pop back in later this week when my mood improves!
have a great week
vxx

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't be disappointed in yourself. We all have weeks where we overindulge, we wouldn't be human if we didn't! I try to balance out my indulgences with exercise, sometimes it works, sometimes I maintain.
I don't like the sound of WW weigher one bit but I admire the fact you can go to weigh ins and talk in groups. I can't deal with weighing in "public" and prefer to do so in the comfort of my home. I use Diet Club to keep track of my eating and exercise on most days (I seem to fall off the wagon on weekends though).
Don't be discouraged, you are doing fantastically otherwise! You'll lose that 0.9 in no time.

:) Sarah

Baby Bump Wanted said...

i agree dont be so hard on your self. Im not sure how much weight you have lost but think of that and you are only human sometimes we have good day and other times bad days

Kathryn said...

What a cow! That's the last thing you need when you are already feeling disappointed. Good luck with getting back into this week.

philippa_moore said...

What a cow the weigher was! As if that was what you needed to hear - I thought they were supposed to be encouraging!

Don't be too hard on yourself - if you keep doing all the right things the gain will disappear very soon and you'll be back on track and feeling great. There's nothing wrong with indulging every now and then.

Thank you for such a lovely mention in your post today! You're so nice :)

Hope you have a great rest of the week!

Margaret said...

I was thinking along the lines of moo-cow too. I just don't get why they need to say things like that. It would have been so much kinder and more encouraging to say something like "Well it probably isn't the way you wanted the scales to go this week but with a little more movement and tracking I am sure you can reverse that by next week. You are doing well and we hope to see you next week". I mean it is not that hard!!!.

You can do it. Steal a few of Philippa's great recipes, walk like rosa_klebb does, and chuck in a bit of extra laughter, and that 900gms will shift and make way for more losses in the weeks to come.

Hope you have a sensational week this week and show that weigher a thing or two LOL