Tuesday, November 29, 2005

disaster averted

Things are looking back on track for me. I stayed off the booze last week, stayed within my points and went to the gym twice on the weekend (as well as a couple of walks during the week). I even got up at 6.00am this morning and went to the gym! I feel like I am more motivated and more determined to beat this!

After my dissapointing 0.9 gain last week, I am delighted to say that the scales showed a loss of 1.3kg this week to take my total loss to 9.4kg. I am really happy with that. The only minor bummer is that I am sitting on 80.1kg and would have loved to have cracked the 70's. The scales at the gym show me as 79.5kg, so I was hoping to see a 7 today... never mind, I know that its all good.

Despite this, I have decided to not go to my meetings for the rest of the year. I will still track and weigh myself at the gym once a week, but I cant justify going to meetings at the moment. I will be able to explain more in the next few weeks, but the for the moment I think its the right decision and my leader agrees. I didnt make the decision lightly and I hope that I can keep on track on my own - I know I have your help and the help of my lovely hubby - so it shouldnt be too hard.

I dont have too much on this week. Am going to Oasis tonight and we are going away with a group of friends at the weekend to Hambledon Hill House for our group 'festivus for the rest of us', but the guys all know that I am on WW so they wont pressure me into eating crap!!

I hope you all have a good week. Congratulations to Phillipa and hugs to Mary...

vxx

10 comments:

philippa_moore said...

Great loss Missy, well done! You will see a double 7 before you know it!! What is your goal weight? (sorry if you've already posted this - I do pay attention, I promise!)

Have fun at Oasis tonight! Had to laugh at Festivus for the Rest of Us!!! My dad loves that!

Hope you have a great night, and a great week!

PS: thank you for the mention! I feel so special!

Mary said...

Well done for being back on track girl! Sorry to hear about the gain but what a turn around, you're star!! Keep it up :-)

And don't worry about the meetings. You're blogging now and there's a bunch of really great girls here that will help keep you going. Quite a few of the girl's don't even do the whole WW thing but maybe follow the plan or another. I am so happy to hear that your partner is supporting you too. This helps big time.

Just remember: eat well, play well, be well! That silly ad is in my head LOL.

Thanks for your kind words. I'll be back blogging properly soon enough.

Have a great week babe!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations. That's a great loss and you'll be in the 70s in no time.

I'm sure you'll cope well without WW and we'll be here keeping an eye on you ;)

Sue said...

Next week you'll be a 70's girl for sure! I don't go to meetings - I started off doing the At Home programme and now don't even do that, just weigh myself at home and keep following the programme. It's working for me.

Margaret said...

Whooo Hooo well done. Great to see the gain come off in one fell swoop. I am aiming for that myself this week LOL.

Have a great week this week. Keep up the fantastic work. And if you track and with the support of your DH you won't miss the meeting at all :D

Suzy said...

Thanks for your comment about my recipes. Glad the scones turned out well.
Good luck with your weight loss. You are doing realy well.

a mummy losing it said...

If you can do 6am starts you can defintiely say on track without meetings. Well done on your loss!

Margaret said...

Thanks for your comments Missy. Hope things are going really well for you :D Have a great day tomorrow - keep out of the heat. *whew* was it ever sticky today.

philippa_moore said...

You've disappeared! Hope everything's going well for you darl xx

Margaret said...

Thanks for your comments today. It is always great to 'meet' another sydney sider and perhaps next get together that is planned we can meet in person.

Have a great Christmas.
M xx