Friday, November 25, 2005

rock and roll star

Thanks to everyone for your supportive posts. Rest assured I wont be going back to that meeting (ever) and I will return to my normal meeting next week. I have been eating lots of fish this week and am off the booze completely, so things are looking good. My points have been good and I have been for 2 good walks so far, with the weekend to come. Feeling much more positive!

I just have to share a little bit of my night last night. I had such a good time and am still buzzing. Most of you now know that I work for a record company, so I am lucky enough to go to a lot of really good gigs. Sometimes this is exciting, but sometimes I would rather stay home and watch bad TV on the couch with the husband and the dogs. Last night was a night that I would have rather stayed home, but I made myself go to see the Strokes (yes, poor me!!). It was at the Gaelic Club in Sydney. I get there and the fun starts. I ran into an old work mate who I hadnt seen in a while and was delighted to find out that his wife was expecting a baby. (good news #1) The gig starts. They are rockin'. Its all good. Someone whispered in my ear that Liam Gallagher was in the room. Yes, Liam Gallagher from Oasis (this may not excite some of you - but I am a mega fan). He was standing in front of me for most of the night. I had to pinch myself a few times and keep control. I was watching the Strokes and Liam Gallagher is standing in front of me...

The gig ws really good. They played a lot of new songs, but they also played some old favorites like 'New York City Cops', 'Last Nite', 'Hard To Explain' and more. The room was buzzing and everyone was thrilled to be there. Then I get a tap on the shoulder. Another old workmate and her fiance are there. They have been in LA for ages and I hadnt seem them for about 5 years. And they are having a baby as well. (good news #2 or is it #3). It just seems like we are at a stage in our lives when good things are happening and people are really settling down and making new people! That makes me happy. They are also 2 really lovely couples so I am thrilled for them all!

Ok - I am rambling, but I havent had a fun night like that in ages. Then I get to work this morning and half the office has been out drinking with The Strokes and Oasis until 5.00am, while I was tucked up in bed. I probably wouldnt have gone out (am getting tired in my old age) but that is just too rock and roll!!

Anyway - I better get some work done - am off to hear some more stories and live vicarious through my workmates.
Good vibes to all this week!

vxx

3 comments:

philippa_moore said...

Sounds like a great night! I get rather dizzy rubbing shoulders with celebrities. In Hobart you'd only see people who were famous in Hobart, apart from Mary and Frederik! But here in Melbourne I see famous people all the time!

Good news about your friends. Hearing things like that makes me feel very clucky (a good friend of mine had a baby yesterday). I love children, but I'm not ready to have my own yet. What about you? (I'll bet you're sick of that question!)

Hope you have an excellent weekend :)

Margaret said...

WOW how exciting. And yes it is great that people are still falling in love and making babies. Ahh how wonderful.

But maybe not as wonderful as being a rock and roll groupie. LOL. You night sounds far too exciting for me.

Hope you have a great weekend :D

Sarah said...

Wow, I am jealous! I didn't go to the Strokes as I didn't really want to queue outside Red Eye or Fish all night long (heard the queues were massive anyway and I wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in hell). One of the photographers at my work went and he said they were great and then started bragging about how he's been to every Strokes gig ... nice way to rub it in. I saw the Strokes back in 2001 at the Newtown Theatre with You Am I, what an awesome gig!
My man would have been so excited to see Oasis watching a band in the same room. He acts all cool, but he would have been so excited to see Noel and Liam within arms reach (my man used to play in No-asis, hehe!).
Your workmates must have livers of steel to keep up drinking with the Strokes and Oasis. What an awesome story.
Thanks for brightening up my morning on this drab day at work. Hope you are all good

:) Sarah