Friday, April 28, 2006

my favourite time of the year

I love this time of year. There is still a chill in the air and but the days are warm and clear. There is nothing better than a bright blue sky, warmth from the sun and a little bit of nip in the air. It really is my favourite! All is good with me. I am feeling well and happy. Work is busy, and a little bit challenging (especially the 7 flights of stairs I need to walk up every morning to get here...) and all is progressing well with the pregnancy. I went to see the doctor this week. He was very happy with how things are going. I have no complaints and although I have started putting on a little bit of weight, its only 6 kg since I fell pregnant, which I am OK with. Infact, I still weigh less than I did this time last year (when I hit 90kg). My goal when I fell pregnant was to try to not reach 100kg, and at this rate I dont think I will get near it! Lets just see what the next few months have in store for me. I have 12 weeks to go. Where did the time go?

Have had a pretty busy couple of weeks of late. Very social and busy which is still tiring me out, but is all good. Easter was spent catching up with lots of friends (especailly those with kids) and eating too much! Last weekend we went to a beautiful spot called Pearl Beach near Woy Woy just out of Sydney. There were 6 of us and we hired a house just near the beach. Spent the whole weekend eating and reading and relaxing. It was just lovely. The others all insisted that I should take it easy in 'my condition', so wouldnt let me help with the cooking or washing up, which was such a treat as I feel that's all I do when I am at home. The place is beautiful - just over an hour out of Sydney and its feels like you are a world away. The house we got was lovely and really reasonable for the weekend for 3 couples, and the beach is really nice with lots of beautiful rock formations and places to walk. The hubby took a few shots of me highlighting the bump, so I will get him to help me put them in a post. Some of them turned out quite nice.

Its been great having all these 4 day weeks and I am dreading the thought of a full week next week, although work has been kind enough to find me a parking spot so I dont have to catch the train in which will make it so much easier for me to get to work. I only have 8 weeks left until I go on maternity leave, so it will be interesting to see what these next few weeks hold.
I hope I manage ok...

I wanted to say a HUGE congratulations to the beautiful and inspiring Philippa who reached goal this week. You are so amazing and gracious about everything you do! Well done to you!

Also, I have a baby question if anyone can help me. The boys name we have picked out is the same as a friend of ours baby (a close-ish friend who we have only recently started spending time with, but we are likely to see quite a bit of them in the next few years). We are thinking of using the shortened version of the name but the husband thinks we cant because its too close - its the only name that I like (for a boy). Is it still OK to use it, or should I just get over it and find another one? I am really struggling with this one!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and I will be back sooner rather than later!
vxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a tough question. Firstly you can never be certain of a friendship lasting forever and if that is the name you want then have it!! In saying that I wouldn't have the same name as anyone that I know only because I like to be different. It doesn't matter where you go though, you are likely to have a clash in names especially when it comes to things like school!! Ultimately it is up to you and hubby. Have you though of asking these friends what they think??

After all that I'm so glad all is going well with you and only 12 weeks to go. Boy that really has gone fast!! Take care. XX

Cinders said...

I think you should call him whatever you have your heart set on. Perhaps give your child 2 names so if it's a hassle for him as his growing he has a choice. I'm from a fairly traditional family and my FIL's name was John. My hubbys 1st sis called her son Jonathon, 2nd sis called her son Jianni and we baptised ours John but named him Joshua just so he did have his own name. (Can you belive both sister's FIL's name were also John?)..

Anyway, well done with the 7 flights of stairs daily and also with the 6 kilo weight gain. That is fantastic. Not long to go now.

Christy_Ann said...

I agree with Jodie. Friends come and go, but your child will be a permanent fixture in your life. Glad to hear you are feeling good.

Margaret said...

Glad you had a great time away, you sound refreshed and relaxed.

As to the baby's name I say you chose what you want to name the baby with your heart. This is your child and there is a reason the name you like has resonated with you. There will be no reason why more than one child can't have the same name. My husband has plenty of friends who have the same name as he does and it has never bothered him.

I would just say you and your friends both have good taste :D

philippa_moore said...

Ooh, that's a tough one! I think the best thing to do is to choose the name that you love. My mother called my youngest sister the same name as one of my cousins, who was four when she was born, just spelled differently. It's never been an issue, really!

Maybe just as a courtesy ask these friends what they think - just say that before you met them that you'd picked out this name for a boy, and would they mind if you still used it? Who knows, when you meet this little one you might decide the name isn't right, and pick something else!

Always go with your heart I say.

Glad things are going well, and what an inspiration you are by staying healthy and fit in pregnancy! You're going to be one yummy mummy!

Kellee said...

I'm with Jodie - it might be a good idea to ask the friends what they think. Two of my close friends (who happen to be brothers) have names that I would like to use for our little boy, but I know I would ask them about it before I used it. Isn't it a bugger that we have to think about things like that? Ultimately, though, it's up to you, and as Jodie mentioned (she seems to be a wise woman!) you never know how long the friendship is going to last. It's not like they're family or anything. Good luck choosing!

I can't believe you've only got 12 weeks to go! Well, it would be less now, I suppose. It's gone so fast! Can't wait to hear more about it all when it happens. Hope you're feeling well. Sounds like you're going great guns.