Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pregnant Woman Shouldnt Stay Up Past Midnight

I am exhausted today. Just got back to work after a 2 day conference. Two nights after midnight are not that great for a pregnant lady! I cant complain too much - at least I got some sleep and I am not hung over like the rest of the office. Most of them were out drinking until 5.00am! I cant imagine ever doing that again. The conference was at Doltone House at Pyrmont and we spent 2 days listening to music and hearing about how good we were! The night were taken up by lots of food, drinking (by all but me) and a couple of bands - over the 2 days we saw Pete Murray, Augie March, Something For Kate, Shannon Noll, Human Nature, Alex Lloyd and some new acts like Kate Miller-Heidke and The Inches. I am pretty lucky to have this job, but sometimes I wish I could just be at home with the hubby on the couch - I think I am getting too old for this!!

Have been pretty busy for the past few weeks. The trip to Peppers Anchorage Resort in Port Stephens was divine. Its such a beautiful spot and we had a really relaxing time. Just hung out - did a spot of fishing, went for a swim and a really lovely walk along the beach. The hubby was really excited about going fishing and was rigging up his brand new rod in the hotel room, when the knife he was using to cut of a bit of plastic slipped and found its way into his hand. We had been at the hotel for 10 minutes and I was already running around frantically looking for bandages - we quickly found out that the wound was quite deep and would need stiches, so I drove him all around Nelson Bay looking for a medical centre! He got 3 stiches in the end, and the doctor said that he was very lucky that there didnt appear to be any nerve damage. If that was the case we would have had to go to the hospital in Newcastle for hand surgery! Hows that for a bit of holiday excitement! The minute we got back to the hotel - all he wanted to do was fish! He is hooked - pardon the pun!!

The resort is beautiful - I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance. Very secluded and right on the marina - if you like expensive boats (like we do) you will be in heaven. We hired a little run about for a day and fished for a couple of hours - caught a few but nothing worth keeping - it was just peaceful and relaxing (until the sea sickness kicked in - I am pretty sure it was pregnancy related, I never get sea sick normally)...

Nights were spent at the RSL which is always fun in those coastal holiday places! We also had a lovely dinner in one of the waterfront restaraunts - nice!

Always nice to get away...

Pregnancy is going well. Have been feeling well and I went to see the obstetrician last week and all is fine! I have put on a total of 2 kg since I got pregnant. 2. Can you believe it? I actually went and bought some maternity clothes on the weekend and everything was size 14, which means I have dropped a dress size! I find that quite astounding after trying to lose weight and struggling and now it doesnt seem to be a big issue. The other thing is that I am really embracing my growing belly and wearing quite tight clothing. I always used to wear baggy tops and things that didnt cling, but now I am loving the snugness. I bought a really beautiful black dress to wear to my gala dinner last night - stretchy and tight, it hugged my belly and made it look HUGE and I LOVED it. So many people commented on how flattering it was (and the best bit was that it was on sale and it was a MEDIUM!!)

At week 25 now. Feeling very pregnant and finally look like a proper pregnant woman. Its awesome! My only slight issue is that I think i have Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. It causes me quite a lot of pain some days and some days I dont notice it. I think I might go and see a chiropractor, as my doctor is a bit old fashioned and just says that its normal pregnancy wear and tear and tells me not to worry about it. The issues I have is that I have to walk up a lot of stairs to get to work and I dont want to have problems when I want to give birth naturally. Will see what the chiro says..

Hope all is well in blogland. We bought a new camera last week, so I will try and post some belly shots next post!

have a great week, until next time vxx


9 comments:

Margaret said...

After a lot of googling I pretty much figured I had PSD, and like you, my Dr was less than worried and said it was all part and parcel of being pregnant. However I took the notes I found to my Chiro and she was able to confirm it in two seconds and over the course of a few treatments kept me out of pain for the rest of the pregnancy. It was wonderful.

And how fantastic are you to be so comfortable in your skin to wear the fitted, medium, clothes. That is brilliant. And to have gained only 2kgs in 25 weeks is sensational. You are healthy, happy, and the baby is too.

Hope you have a peaceful, non-knife-accident weekend :D

shellity said...

Hello lovey,
I found you after your comment on my blog - thank you! Glad to hear you made it through the conference alive. Your child is going to be born knowing a lot of song lyrics. :)

Suzy said...

Glad things are going well for you. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Ouch to DH's accident though!
Lovely for you to get some nice new size 14 maternity clothes. Time is sure marching along. How exciting!

Although I didn't know the name of the condition, and although no-one seemed to care about my symptoms, I am sure I had PSD too during my second pregnancy. Could hardly lift my leg from a sitting position without being in pain. Anyway all was well in the end.

Take care.

Kellee said...

Hey there. Sounds like you've been a busy bee! And congratulations on only putting on 2 kgs during the pregnancy - I'm very impressed! And I'm sure you'll thank yourself for it during the birth and recovery (well, maybe not during the birth as all you'll be thinking is "Ow ow OW!") - being healthy before all that has got to be a good thing. IKWYM about doctors - if you are ever in doubt, question EVERYTHING. You know your body best so don't let anyone brush you off.

BTW, Kate-Miller Heidke (Brisbane girl) is RAD, isn't she? Yay for Brisbane chicks.

Anonymous said...

I've just been reading about the PSD and I'm pretty sure that is what I suffered with in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. I did go to a physio and he told me it was my piriformos muscle in my butt that was tight because I had ceased all exercise for the first trimester until I was out of the danger zone!

OMG only 2kg's!! Your a champion!! I've gone way past that with 5.7kg's gained since wk8 to wk20. I though I was doing OK too until I read about your controlled weight. Well done!!

Thanks for your comments on my blog too. Much appreciated. XX

philippa_moore said...

Great to hear all your news! Hope you have a wonderful Easter :)

Cinders said...

You're amazing. 2 kilos in 25 weeks - wow! 2 of my faves are Augie March and Something for Kate - lucky you. Have a nice break.

Mary said...

It's great to read that you are really embracing your pregnancy, gorgeous! I think pregnant women look hot in fitted clothing ;-) I hope you've been having a great few weeks and will look forward to seeing some photos, cheers.

Margaret said...

Hmmm. I think I must pay more attention to templates. This is the 2nd one that has this fabulous one. Hope you don't mind sharing it.

Have a great day :D