Monday, February 06, 2006

the news is out there

Well, I finally got around to letting my boss know about the baby on Friday - considering I am 17 weeks, its amazing that he had NO IDEA! The good news is that he was over the moon excited and agreed to keep it to himself, as well as pushing all the change of role stuff forward to this week. I am pretty sure it was the right thing to do, and I feel so relieved that I dont have to hide it from work anymore. I have told a few of my close work mates who are estatic, but am going to wait another week or so before I share the love with everyone!

I cant tell you how good it feels to be able to relax about it all. I am felling well (if not a little concerned about my growing belly!) but I know that I need to do a bit more exercise. Its been hard the past few weeks with my conference and the hubby's birthday, but I have no excuse now and have to start moving again!

Today is the 4 year anniversary of meeting my husband. We met at a dodgy bar in the city on a Tuesday night at something like 3am, so I woke him up this morning at 3am to wish him happy anniversary! He is the best and I am so lucky to have him in my life! This Sunday is our 2nd wedding anniversay - how's this for a day of contrasts - we are going to day spa and getting a couple's massage in the morning and in the afternoon we are going to the cricket final! I think its hillarious, but I know it will be a great day. I will just have to see how I go at the cricket without any beer!!

Hope you are all having a happy monday!
vxx

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Spreading the love. What a classic :D

I am so happy for you that the boss took it well. It would have been a huge relief. Now you can enjoy your spa day and your cricket in lovely peace and tranquility. Well as long as we win that is LOL.

Have a great day :D

Mary said...

Hey there Missy, great to hear that the boss took it well! You guys sound like such a romatic couple too, I like :-) Enjoy your week and weekend!

Sue said...

Massage and cricket sounds like the perfect double to me!

Kellee said...

How cool that you can celebrate your anniversary in such contrasting ways. I am lucky enough to have a husband that hates sports, but I would certainly do things the way you are if he liked sport. I hope you have a wonderful day.

I'm not surprised that your boss didn't know about your pregnancy - men ae totally clueless. Even when you're 9 months, some of them still look at you and you know they're thinking, "Now, is she pregnant, or just fat?" They're hopeless. I'm really pleased that he took it well though - will make it much less stressful for you. Go you!

philippa_moore said...

Glad that it's all out in the open for you now darl. Hope you had a happy day yesterday!!