Monday, February 13, 2006

cricket feast

I just had to share this little story about the people that were sitting in front of us at the cricket yesterday.
A bunch of about 5 guys turned up with a styrofoam box and an esky. Through the course of the day, this is what I saw them eat....

  • A BBQ Chicken, ripped up and put into buttered rolls
  • A cheese platter with stilton, chedder and pate on crackers
then it got interesting...

  • fresh prawns
  • 1/2 LOBSTERS - yes these guys brought LOBSTERS to the cricket!!

the next time I looked up, they were eating

  • individual creme caramels in bowls
  • then, a packet of tim tams, some grapes, one bar of lindt dark chocolate orange chocolate -

it was at this point that I yelled out 'I hate these people, have they got an expresso machine in that box' and the guy turned around and gave me a square. I felt a bit sheepish, but god it was good.

Then there was another block of lindt chocolate.

I mean, who brings that kind of stuff to the cricket? And the funny thing was, that there wasnt a woman in sight. We couldnt work out what kind of men would be organised enough to bring that kind of food to the cricket - LOBSTER AND CREME CARAMEL.... It was very weird, but a little bit inspiring! Where was the moet and the sashimi, and the truffles and the fresh oysters... Any other suggestions from blog land?

vx

7 comments:

Margaret said...

I am thinking perhaps women don't feature highly in their life?? Perhaps...

Sheeeesh. Lobsters and creme caramels at the cricket. Did they bring their knitting too. LOL

Not that there is anything wrong with that. Knitting I mean :D

missy vas said...

If you are implying that they were gay - they definitely werent... These were real blokey sports nuts!
And, yes I love knitting too!

Suzy said...

As long as they prepared it all themselves and their dear wives weren't waiting at home to wash up all the dirty picnic gear - I say good on them!

Sue said...

How absoluetly luxurious. And so much better than the crap they sell at most stadiums. I packed our food for the Sevens tournament, but it certainly wasn't in that category!

Mary said...

That sounds pretty special and *fancy*. Gosh, to be a fly on the wall in their home! I guess good for them and hey, Lindt Dark Choc Orange hey, they'd know how to pick me up ;-)

philippa_moore said...

Sounds more like what you'd take to the Melbourne Cup!!

Maybe they just felt like spoiling themselves :)

Margaret said...

Hi there. Thanks for you comments lately. Hope you are keeping well and having a great time. Have a great day :D