Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Happiest Of New Years





Thought it was time to return for the year. I am not back at work yet, but decided to give this a go on the home PC. So far so good.
We had a great Christmas - spent Christmas eve with the family and all of Christmas Day at our friends Lachlan and Andria's. It was so relaxing and peaceful and yummy! We spent most of the day in the backyard with our dogs and everyone was very chilled out and happy.
New Years was just as nice - we had a small BBQ at ours. It was nice and relaxing and the best bit was that we didnt have to go anywhere...

I am a little embarressed to admit that I havent been exercising too much (how hot has it been!) and my eating hasnt been fantastic, but I have a pretty good excuse. I am now 3 months pregnant and really dont think that now is the best time to be dieting as such - although I am still trying to eat good food and avoid junk (which I have been pretty sucessful at!)

So this will take my focus away from hitting goal and onto making the healthiest baby that I can make. And I would really love it if I can do that without putting too much weight on. My aim at the moment is to no put on over 15kg, but I really dont know how achievable that is. I am visiting the obstetrician today, and fingers crossed I have only put on 1-2kg in the first 3 months!

As you can imagine my hubby and I are over the moon and although I am terrified of the next few months, I am also thrilled that we were able to get pregnant without too much hassle. I feel very blessed.

Hope you all had a lovely new year and I look forward to catching up with you all in the coming weeks!

Take care
vx

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Look after yourself. You certainly have a new wonderful priority!
Great news for you!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!!! What a great thing to look forward to this year. Sounds like you had a wonderful festive season. All the best for the new year.

:) Sarah

Mary said...

Oh sweety CONGRATULATIONS! I agree with Sarah, what a great thing to look forward to :-) HAPPY NEW YEAR!