Thursday, January 19, 2006

down-ward dog

Yes I know I have been quiet and I am sorry about that. I have been around and reading other people blogs, which I am loving, but I have just been absorbed with my own thoughts and as I havent been focusing on the weight thing, I am feeling a bit out of the 'group'!

Everything is fine. I am back at work, so trying hard to stay off the net. Well maybe the trying hard bit is a lie! Work has been OK. Moments ofbusy and moments of boredom. Its really tricky to focus and resist the urge not to tell everyone my news. I am starting to think that its not even real, except for the fact that my clothes are all starting to get tight around the waist. Its rather bizzare as people are still noticing the weight that I have lost and commenting on how great I look (which is lovely) and I know in a couple of weeks they will be noticing the ever growing belly!

I had my 12 week scan last week, which actually showed that I was 14 weeks gone, so that knocked 2 weeks off the whole thing. Things looked great with the baby, but some results were a little scary. I had to have a follow up test (also on Friday) and they told me they would let me know in 3 days if the results were bad. I havent had a call yet, so fingers crossed I can start to relax and enjoy this time. Being pregnant should be exciting and thrilling, but instead I still feel aprehensive and really scared. After tomorrow, I will put my relaxing boots on and start to love the ride!

My exciting news is that I had lunch with 2 close girlfriends last week on 2 seperate days. And BOTH of them are pregnant as well. Not as far along as me, but still - I am so excited to have friends to share this with!! The best part is, my dear friend LM is my oldest mate. We have known each other since we were little and my mum and her mum were friends and they always used to tell this great story about how they used to 'bounce tummies' together when they were pregnant with us! (we were born 3 days apart). Now we get to carry on the tradition! I am so thrilled for her and for us both.

On the food front - I have been pretty ordinary. Having too many snacks (trying really hard to keep them healthy ones) and I have only been to the gym twice a week for the past few weeks. I did a yoga class last week and it felt like I pulled a muscle in my ass!! I think it was from all the 'down dogs'. The pain has gotten progressively worse and it now feels like my lower spine is out of alignment. I am trying to talk myself out of it (it actually worked yesterday), but I did 50 mins cross country on the treadmill last night and its a little bit sore today. I think the worst is over, so everything should be fine!

I hope everyone is having fun out there. I will try and blog more regularly, I just hope you dont tire of the baby bump stories!!

take care vxx

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Hope all your tests are OK. We ARE interested in your baby bump news, so keep blogging. Hope you can soon start to really enjoy things.

Sue said...

Fingers crossed for you today. How lovely to have your girlfriends to share this part of your life with - but keep sharing with us, 'cos we love your baby bump news!

philippa_moore said...

Please do keep writing! I want to know what happens with the baby, and you go with staying healthy during pregnancy - as I will need that advice in the next year or so, hopefully!

Your life and your take on things interests me very much, on so many levels. Don't go anywhere!

Mary said...

This is your first baby right!? I can't wait to watch you grow through this journey not only physically but mentally too. I think it would be absolutley normal to feel some aprehension with the first one. I think I would be a wreck LOL.

Some other great blogs to check out (if you don't already read) are Jodie's and Katey's, the links are on my blog. They are getting healthy and pregnant too now :-)

Margaret said...

I will never tire of the baby bump stories. Especially now that you have your friends bumps to include in the story.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Having had two babies that had low/bad results and having gone through both the amnio and the CVS I know what you are going through.

And to add to Marys list Kellee is pregnant too. It's an epidemic LOL But a good one.