Friday, June 16, 2006

baby boom

How good has it been this week with all the beautiful babies being born? I loved Katie's story. I cant believe that she gave birth to her lovely Natalia in the ambulance. Awesome! And congratulations to Kellee who had her lovely baby this week also. All the best to the both of you and enjoy the next few weeks of bonding and special time! Very exciting!

I have 5 weeks to go until I can join the ranks of motherhood. Have decided to stay on at work for another week and now I will finish up on June 30th. Its partially due to how good I have been feeling since I discovered the chiropractor and partly because we are getting a kitchen installed at home over the next 2 weeks and I dont want to be sitting at home in the demolition zone when I should be nesting! I will be fantastic when its done, but I am not really looking forward to the next few weeks without a kitchen. We have a microwave and a BBQ with a gas burner, but I cant see myself standing out in the cold of the morning making porridge! So there will lots of toast and cereal and a bunch of BBQ's and takeway but thats OK! It will be worth it to have a beautiful clean kitchen with storage and a dishwasher and space. Bring it on! I will be sure to take some before and after shots and post them here in a couple of weeks!

This weekend will be demolishing the old kitchen - hubby can do that. He insists that I go out for lunch with the girls and go and get some pampering - so I am getting a pedicure on Sunday. Its just so that I am not hanging around nagging him, but its a good excuse to be a bit spoilt!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
vxx


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the kitchen reno's. You won't want to leave the room when it's all finished. It will become the most favourite part of the house!! I think it's important to have a kitchen you are happy with. I'm so glad the chiro has made you feel so good. I'm struggling at the moment with pinching nerves etc in my butt area probably where the baby is sitting!! It comes and goes but my trusty heat bag has been an absolute god send!! XX

Margaret said...

Ooh lovely pampering. What a great idea. And what a smart husband for knowing that you would be better off away from the destruction site.

The new reno's sound fantastic though. The perfect place to make up hundreds of bottles, and prepare kilos of mashed apple and rice cereal LOL.

Only 5 weeks to go. How exciting. Have a lovely weekend and soon, it will only be 4 weeks :D

philippa_moore said...

To quote Kath and Kim - "how exciting - when you're living in the renovations and your baby arrives early!"

Just joking :)

I hope it all goes well. Hope you enjoy the last few weeks - relax and enjoy the pampering!!

Suzy said...

OMG not long to go now! Glad your pain has been fixed and you deserve to be pampered so make the most of it.