Tuesday, July 18, 2006

waiting...

Ok, so I officially have 6 days before this baby is due, but I was positive that it would come early and now that the time is getting so close, I am not so sure the baby realises that I want it to come early! Am feeling fine, but it really doesnt feel like anything is happening. I have had a little bit of back pain, but thats about it. So, I am starting to get a little bored - not working and not having a baby - kind of in limbo land. I know I should just relax and enjoy the quiet time, which is what I will try to do today, but I do feel like I am going a little stir crazy.

My lovely hubby took some wonderful belly shots on the weekend. I cant believe how huge I am at the moment. Its quite frightening. I will try and post some of them this week. He even took some 'nudey' ones - but I am not sure if I am game to put them on here - I will see how I feel on the day!

The strange thing is that my friend LM - whose baby was due 2 weeks after mine, had hers 4 weeks early. Her lovely little boy Harvey is fine, but smaller than estimates of my bub, so I have no idea how they cope scrunched up in that small space, or more importantly, how they get out!!
Its going to be an interesting journey to say the least, but I am ready for it (I hope!!)

The kitchen is in. It looks lovely but its not 'finished'. We need to tile the splashback and add some finishing touches like plants and maybe some kind of blackboard or pin board. It feels very white and stark, but its lovely! We were saving all our wedding presents for the 'new kitchen' so we have all new stuff - saucepans, appliances, cutlery, glasses - its like Christmas over here. Very exciting. Will post some pictures when its done, but that could be months away!

Finally, I wanted to send thoughts to Emily and Jonny. I just heard the heartbreaking news that they lost their precious baby and am devastated for them. We are all thinking of you...

Will update again when I have some news.
vxx

16 comments:

Kate said...

Waiting, waiting, it's the worst part. Especially if you were half expecting the baby to come early!! With my first, my midwife said to me at 37 weeks (as all the signs were there) - 'ooh anytime now' - and she was 8 days overdue. It was an agonising wait, lol, but very worth it!

Hope you are keeping as comfy as possible, and do rest if you can - I know it's hard if you are bored though.

Christy_Ann said...

Oh, so exciting! My baby boy was six days overdue. Do try to get some rest... While I was waiting I scoffed when people said things like "relax and enjoy it. It will be the last chance you'll get" etc. But it's true!

Also, bring on the pix!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad all is going OK for you but I'm dreading getting to the point where you are at the moment. That limbo is so frustrating but only bub's will decide when he/she is ready to come out. Yes the thoughts of how they actually arrive is quite daunting to say the least. I've been watching Maternity Ward on Monday's on Discovery Channel on Foxtel. It's from 1:30-2:30 and it's quite interesting to see the different scenario's and complications that can arise during labour and how they deal with it. It's been quite an eye opener for me. XX

shellity said...

I'll know the waiting has got to a crucial point when you start playing with hubby's X Box (or is it Playstation?)! Hang in there, Silky. Looking forward to seeing photos too!

Suzy said...

OMG, so close now! Rest as much as you can. I will be thinking of you xx

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the doctors. Gotta love inducing!! The sooner we can have our babies and take them home the better if you ask me. The waiting game is so damn hard to handle. Listen to me and I've still got 5 and a bit weeks to go!!! LOL! Take care. XX

Kellee said...

I feel your pain. You know I do, because Toby had to be induced 10 days late. Little bugger. Don't worry, it will happen soon enough and then a whole new chapter of your life will start. Do some nice things for yourself like having long baths, get your nails done, etc. Take some time out for you, because it might be the last time for a while that you get some (even though it is TOTALLY worth it). Can't wait to here the news! Good luck and I hope the birth goes well.

Mary said...

WHOO HOO! I just read the news from Phil...CONGRATULATIONS and welcome little miss Lila Maria :-)

Kate said...

Just read your news on Philippa's site - Congratulations!!! Beautiful name! Hope you are doing ok - can't wait to hear more.

Well done! :-)

philippa_moore said...

Congratulations beautiful!! Can't wait to see her :)

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I just read on Phillipa's blog that the babe has arrived! Hope you are well.

The Candid Bandit said...

New reader! Phillipa sent me.

The biggest of congratulations to you. This is wonderful news.

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! Just read the news from Phil, can't wait to see piccies of her. xo Sarah

Leighanne said...

Just read the news from Phil...congratulations:)

Anonymous said...

Oh congratulations on the birth of your baby daughter. Can't wait for pictures and the story to go along with it all. Hope you are doing well and also congratulations to your hubby - the new daddy!! You are going to be wonderful parents. Next my turn! Once again congratulation! XX

Margaret said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news. Hope Mummy and Baby are all doing well :D

Looking forward to an update with loads of photos ;)